Oct 1, 2006

Y&R - Friday - Read At Your Own Risk

*I'm in a pissy mood, what with Davetta Sherwood's firing and this shitty, biased, dumbass-filled show. So if you want to have a pleasant Sunday, close the page!

Gloria and Kevin plotting for things they don't deserve and have no right to. Sure, we lose Davetta and a grown up Lily and are forever seemingly stuck with these two dumbasses. Die, die, die. They play the twinkly, "tug at your heartstrings" music when Glo reads the letter from John. Bullshit. Hasn't she spent the last week eyefucking the next richest guy in town?

I CAN'T EVEN HAVE FUN! I like to think I approach the show lovingly, because I do love it, and I can playfully, mildly, insanely (sometimes) tear into it. But that's when it's good and I enjoy at least 75% of it. Right now? I don't enjoy anything. Sure, I could like Shack but not when Jack is being manuevered against by Glovin (so sick and twisted they need their own couple name), two people so incerdibly irritating--I can't even describe it quite right. You know that scene in Total Recall when Arnold Schwarzenegger has to remove the tracking device from under his skin? Red glowing thing that he literally rips from his body? That's what I feel like doing when they're onscreen.



That's my face. All the time while watching this show. Because I don't know what the fuck is going on anymore. Either nothing makes a lick of sense and it pisses me right the fuck off..

Here's a prime example of my problem with them, after Will has left the room once inquiring about Gloria, Kevin casually asks her "You got a thing for him?". As if that's at all normal for a woman who mere moments before was crying over her husband's passing. Her husband who died in August. This is not okay.

Looks like Victor. Probably smells like Victor (I imagine he smells like old cigars and engine oil). But is it Victor? Maybe. Who really knows? The only people I recognize on this show anymore are...Jack. And according to the script Jack is lower than low, the scum of the earth, the type of man who takes candy from babies and gives old ladies the Clap.

Should I bother mentioning Daniel and Lily and how utterly adorable they were sleeping on the waiting room couch together or how cute Lily was talking about her "fine" brother? Why put myself through that? The only other thing I had to look forward to was them and they've been destroyed. So thanks, Y&R.

And Devon has lost his hearing. And it's all so hamfisted and sudden that any interest it might have generated from me didn't even have time to build. VR is a smash and KSJ does his best with her and Dily are cute but--whatever.

I do love the show and I love making this blog and I love you guys like crazymadsexycool but I am seriously hating the show. It's not directed as well, written as well or...well, anything as well as it used to be. I'm talking last year. This isn't a case of reminscing about Maxie's heart transplant or Viki's DID. This is a show that has been hard hit in less than a year.

And that's just a shame.

17 comments:

smartyshorts said...

Word to the Third

Anonymous said...

If you were in anything other pissed, I'd be worried. I'm getting used to the idea now, but I'm still just so angry. There was a message from Davetta that said she was happy, so that made me feel a bit better.

Darn said...

Ooooh, where?

Anonymous said...

She's on MySpace and someone sent her a message and she responded with this...

That means a lot. Yes, Im happy! I have to be! I will add you as a friend and today I will begin to respond to the fans... you are the first one!

Please stay in touch and thanks in advace for all your support.

peace.


I sent her a message too, and added her as a friend, so hopefully I'll get a message I can pass along as well. I'm just sad for my dying Daily.

Darn said...

Thanks, kia. I'm glad she's happy at least. That's probably a front though, I doubt she expected to be fired for that gapping mccaw Christel Khalil.

Anonymous said...

Whenever I think about this, I hear Mayer's "Slow Dancing In a Burning Room" playing as the background music.

Anonymous said...

Amen.

Darn said...

Now I've got that song on repeat. And it's depressing as hell. Just what I needed. Thanks, kia.

Darn said...

Hmmm, Dreaming With a Brokwn Heart might be a bit more fitting. "Gone, gone, gone..." SAD, SAD, SADNESS!

Anonymous said...

Well, yeah, SDIABR reminded me more of us watching our Daily, knowing that "we're going down and you know that we're doomed." And the "deep and dying breath" part. But yes, DRABH is just sad :( And fitting. I'm sure John did not intend for us to relate his songs to a soap. Also, Stop This Train comes to mind. I want to get off, yo.

Darn said...

"Was she really here? Is she standing in my room? No, she's not. Cause she's gone, gone, gone." It's gonna be like she NEVER EVEN HERE! Cause they're gonna ignore her completely, use all of Christel's flashbacks and it'll be like there was never another Lily. Goddamn them!

Instead of getting off the train I suggest we throw someone in front of it but SO MANY OPTIONS.

Anonymous said...

Instead of getting off the train I suggest we throw someone in front of it but SO MANY OPTIONS.

Rikaart. Oh please, oh please make it Rikaart. Hate.

Darn said...

I don't know if it's him or the writing that is making me hate Kevin. I mean I did before but not actively.

I was thinking LML. Because I really have no one else to blame. Unless I can blame Judith Chapman for being a hammy, horrid actress.

Anonymous said...

As always, Word, word, word to your post, Darn.

In my mind both LML and JC will be happily flung in front of that train. Is this show that I'm watching still Y&R? 'Cause it doesn't feel like it is.

Stephanie said...

I was so bored Friday I just deleted the show, couldn't even get interested.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it's him or the writing that is making me hate Kevin.

It's him. GR's smarmy, affected, tic-ridden "acting" is just as bad as JC's hammy horridness. Lil Anthony Perkins-lite bastid. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

Davetta left me a message too. To sum it up she said....thanks for the kind words and support and that we the fans motivate her to continue.